CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Are you dedicated to supporting the mental health and well-being of military and paramilitary personnel and their families? Are you passionate about making a difference and raising awareness about mental health challenges? If so, The Support Nest Initiative invites you to become a Volunteer Community Outreach Worker and join us in our mission to provide essential mental health support and awareness to those who serve.
About The Support Nest Initiative
The Support Nest Initiative is a non-profit organization focused on mental health awareness and support for military and paramilitary personnel and their families. We understand their unique challenges and are committed to creating a nurturing and inclusive environment where they can find the help they need to thrive.
Volunteer Content Support Assistants
We seek talented and passionate Volunteer Content Support Assistants to join our team. As a Content Assistant, you will work with our social media team to develop engaging and compelling content that showcases the impact of our organization, raises awareness about our mission, and inspires others to support our cause. Your creativity and storytelling skills will be invaluable in capturing the essence of our work and amplifying our message to a broader audience. This is an entirely remote opportunity and will require a maximum of five (5) hours from you monthly.
Produce good quality, original content in various formats, including written articles, blog posts, social media posts, infographics, videos, and other visual assets.
Work with our social media team to craft compelling stories that highlight the experiences of our beneficiaries, volunteers, and team members, effectively communicating the impact of our programs and initiatives.
2. Volunteer Administrative Support Staff
We seek a detail-oriented and proactive Volunteer Remote Administrative Support Staff to assist our team with essential administrative tasks. Your organizational skills and efficiency will be crucial in ensuring the smooth operation of our day-to-day activities. By joining our administrative team, you will play a vital role in supporting our organization's core functions and ultimately contributing to the success of our mission.
1. Data Entry: Accurately input and maintain data in our databases, spreadsheets, and other digital platforms.
2. File Management: Organize and manage electronic files, ensuring proper documentation and easy retrieval when needed.
3. Email Correspondence: Monitor and respond to organization emails promptly and professionally.
4. Scheduling Support: Assist in scheduling meetings, appointments, and events for the organization's team members.
5. Meeting Coordination: Prepare meeting agendas, take minutes, and distribute them to relevant parties.
6. Document Preparation: Assist in drafting and formatting documents, letters, reports, and other materials as required.
7. Communication Support: Collaborate with team members to draft and proofread communications, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
8. Research Assistance: Research specific topics as directed, gathering relevant information and presenting findings.
9. General Administrative Tasks: Assist with various administrative tasks that arise in the organization's day-to-day operations.
3. Volunteer Community Outreach Worker
As a Volunteer Community Outreach Worker, you will be crucial in reaching out to military and paramilitary personnel and their families, offering support, and promoting mental health awareness initiatives. Through your dedication and empathy, you will contribute to fostering a stronger and more resilient community for our beneficiaries. Although mostly remote, this role requires that you are based in Abuja.
1. Conduct remote outreach activities to identify military and paramilitary personnel and their families needing mental health support.
2. Provide a compassionate and understanding presence as you engage with individuals through phone calls, emails, and other communication channels.
3. Assist beneficiaries in accessing mental health resources and support services within our organization and from external partners.
4. Collaborate with our mental health experts to create personalized support plans for individuals in need.
5. Organize and participate in virtual awareness campaigns, workshops, and community events to promote mental health and well-being.
6. Monitor and follow up with beneficiaries to ensure their ongoing well-being and progress in their mental health journey.
7. Contribute ideas and feedback to improve our outreach strategies and effectiveness.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS
1. Genuine passion for mental health awareness and support for military and paramilitary personnel and their families.
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an empathetic and non-judgmental approach.
3. Ability to work independently and remotely, dedicating up to twenty hours per week to volunteer work except otherwise stated in the individual role overviews
4. Access to a reliable internet connection and a computer or smartphone for remote engagement.
5. Understanding of the unique challenges faced by military and paramilitary personnel and their families is a plus.
6. Organizational and time management skills to balance outreach efforts effectively.
1. Make a lasting impact on the mental health and well-being of those who serve and their families.
2. Gain valuable experience in community outreach, mental health support, and non-profit work.
3. Flexible remote work allows you to contribute mostly from the comfort of your home.
4. A stipend will be provided to cover data and any other costs incurred during your volunteer activities.
Join Our Team
If you are passionate about mental health awareness and supporting military and paramilitary personnel and their families, we would love to have you as a Volunteer at The Support Nest Initiative. Together, let's build a stronger and more supportive community for those who serve.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter detailing your role of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 19th August 2023.
Thank you for your commitment to mental health and community support. We look forward to working with you to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our beneficiaries.